Friday 31 October 2014

My Reading Habit


 I am very passionate about reading. Seingat saya, since sekolah rendah lagi saya dah suka membaca. Kalau x dapat buku, kertas surat khabar balut nasi lemak pun jadilah. At that time I read a lot of comic books milik abg cik saya. Dia ada satu kotak besar komik yg disimpannya termasuk Gila-Gila. Dia sgt sayangkan komik2 tersebut. Kadang2 je dia benarkan saya sentuh komik2 tersebut. Sedey tau! When this happened saya selongkarlah pula khazanah milik Abang sulung. Teringat lagi saya duduk bawah rumah (rumah dulu2 kan tiangnya tinggi) sambil baca buku Ilmu Alam & Sejarah Melayu juga buku jawi. Saya rasa tension kalau x dapat membaca. 

Tabiat tu terbawa-bawa hingga dewasa. Sampai sekarang pun saya sangat suka membaca. Dulu saya suka satu buku at one time. Khatam satu2 then baru tukar buku lain. But in recent years saya baca multiple books at one time. Actually I was inspired by Ust Pahrol. When attending a writing course with him, he shared his passion for books and how he loves reading. He would read multiple books at a time. Satu buku dibaca di ofis, satu lagi di rumah. Kalau x silap, Sofea Jane pun praktis this concept. At first i doubt this would work for me or not. I kinda person who will read word by word in a book. What more page by page to finish a book. Peeping the last page for the conclusion is not-so me :) i even highlighted any phrases/quotes that i find useful.  Therefore i always thinking wouldn't it be difficult to digest what you are reading because you are switching from 1 book to another. 

Guess what? I find out that this concept works well with me. I can read more books and this definitely make me hunger for more books! One thing that can make me jadi tamak is buku. Serious beb!

When I was working, saya ada satu buku utk dibaca dalam kereta, satu di ofis esp during Jumaat prayer. Plus satu di rumah. Now saya baca 2 books at a time, satu di ruang tamu time melepak and another one before bedtime. 

Tun M vs Youssef Nada... fenin kepala mokcik :)

Though I enjoy this concept, it would take a longer time to finish a book especially if both books are serious topics. Macam 2 buku kat atas tu kan... Since fictional series (novels) are not my preferred genre, it poses more challenges to me. But as mentioned earlier, I am a book lover. You'll do anything for what you love right? Yang penting, kita enjoy (angkat satu tangan ke atas sambil lentukkan kepala). 

Like mother like doter huh?

Till then. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment